Google Plus WEST BENGAL SCHOOL SERVICE COMMISSION: IPL 5: Tendulkar quits MI captaincy

IPL 5: Tendulkar quits MI captaincy

Mumbai: Two days before the start of the fifth season of the IPL, Sachin Tendulkar has announced that he will not captain Mumbai Indians, and that Harbhajan Singh will lead the team.
In a press release issued by the Mumbai franchise, Tendulkar said: "The Mumbai Indians is more than a team. It is like a family to me. At this point of time, I feel I need a break from the responsibility of captaincy of the Mumbai Indians. After due consideration, I discussed my intention to hand over the Captainship of the team to Harbhajan Singh, with Mukeshbhai [Ambani, team owner] and Nita bhabhi [Ambani]. I was touched by the graciousness and wholehearted support they offered me while emphasising that they would accept any decision which helps me to continue enjoying the game. Harbhajan will have my wholehearted support as the senior most player in the team."

No comments:

Post a Comment